Wednesday, November 10, 2010

IS "CHRIST IN OUR HOME"?

You say, "Of course. Christ is in my home, in my heart, and in my life." However, I am referring to the little book or devotional that is free to us all quarterly. It's just a little book but it has huge GRACE bound with it. You can find it inside the north entrance to Hosanna, on the bottom shelf of the table at the door to the hallway. The title is "Christ in Our Home."

Do you often find yourself not quite having the time for meaningful prayer? I personally, as a disciple, try to live my life in prayer, ever mindful of "things" around me -- grass, bugs, sky, moon, people -- and ever thankful for each. But there is always a need for structured prayer, and that is often where I fall short. So what does this have to do with a booklet? Here is how I use it:

Often, either in a.m. or p.m. prayer, I seem to have trouble addressing God. How do I start my prayer? My mind wanders, and I get off track. Oh, well! But THEN I open my little devotional book, turn to the day and date, and it leads me to a conversation with my best friend. There I find direction, scripture, food for prayer, and wisdom. 

Thank you, little book!  You are my devotional, and my entrance to meaningful prayer.

Submitted by -- A Disciple of Hosanna

No comments:

Post a Comment